GILBERT TOWN COUNCIL
Hello, I’m Town of Gilbert Vice-Mayor Eddie Cook. I am running for re-election to Town Council. My wife Jenny and I have been married for 36 years and we have five children. Gilbert has been our home for 32 years, and we believe it is the best possible place to live. We care about the future of our town and we want the leadership of Gilbert to be fiscally responsible with our taxes and provide us the highest quality of services to make our community clean, safe and vibrant.
I am an ASU graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering. I also have many years of professional business education and leadership training. Currently I oversee NetApp’s global sales technical strategy, managing a team of worldwide technical experts working to provide best in class solutions for large Fortune 100 companies. I promote a culture in which the customer is always first and our service to them is priority number one.
As a business leader in corporate America, I recognize that the Town is a billion dollar corporation and needs to be run as such. This requires leaders that have enterprise corporate experience, management skills, and corporate vision. I have those skills and have successfully demonstrated leadership in moving the Town of Gilbert to the next level of efficiency.
I ran for Council in 2011 so that I could better serve my community by bringing business ideas to the town’s government. The transformation of the town into a high-performance government guided by corporate best business practices and a “One Team” culture has been remarkable. The Town is now on solid fiscal footing: providing top-notch services with a sustainably balanced budget while paying off debt.
My current run for Town Council is a continuation of my desire to promote fresh ideas to the leadership of the Town. Assuring Fiscal Responsibility and fostering Economic Development are my top two priorities. As a team the Council has developed a Strategic Plan with six strategic initiatives to guide us over the next five years:
It has been an honor and privilege to serve our community as a Council member. I invite you to join me and my campaign, and vote to help ensure Gilbert stays pro-family and pro-business, keeping Gilbert clean, safe and vibrant, while together we build a “Legacy for Gilbert”. I will promote a culture of service and uphold the values of caring, fairness, responsibility, respect, trustworthiness and citizenship which have made Gilbert strong.
I humbly thank you for your support.
Please feel free to contact me at
Eddie Cook | Candidate for Gilbert Town Council
• Arizona Municipal Water Users Association
• Gilbert Chamber of Commerce
• Roosevelt Water Conservation District
• Gilbert Environmental and Energy Conservation Advisory Board
• Maricopa County Community Services Committee
• St. Timothy Catholic Church Music, Marriage Preparation, Life Teen ministries
• Seton Catholic Preparatory Catholic High School – Executive Board
• Diocese of Phoenix Catholic Marriage Conference Committee
• Mesa Child Crisis Center Volunteer
• Aid to Women Center, 1st Way Pregnancy Center and Arizona Right to Life
• Homeless programs with Andre House and Paz de Cristo
• Support volunteer for international ministries such as Maryknolls, Project Share, St. Tim’s Foreign Mission and Town of Gilbert For Our City
• Youth baseball coach with Gilbert Parks and Recreation for 10 seasons
• Higley Center for the Performing Arts Building Bridge Program Ambassador
Long Range Financial Planning
As a Councilmember I serve on the following boards and committees:
To be a good leader, I believe one must have a servant’s heart, be a good listener and live a life of humility. I find some of my greatest joy in community service:
Please Vote Eddie Cook for Gilbert Town Council on August 28, 2018
Implementing an Efficient High-Performance Government
Long Range Infrastructure Planning
Becoming a Technology Leader
Driving Economic Development
Vote Eddie Cook