Meet Eddie Cook
Republican Eddie Cook serves as your Maricopa County Assessor. He brings leadership and a wealth of technological and public service experience to the County Assessor’s
A respected member of the Gilbert Town Council during his tenure, Eddie helped successfully
lead the fast-growing community and introduced initiatives and programs that have become a
model for municipalities across the state. Among his public service accomplishments are creating the Town of Gilbert ENDVR (Ending Domestic Violence Responsibility) program and serving as the president of the Arizona Municipal Water Users Association and chairman of the Maricopa Association of Government Domestic Violence Council.
Outside of the public sector, Eddie has spent more than 30 years in the high technology industry. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from Arizona State University and has served in a leadership position for a technology company that provides cloud-based data services to Fortune 100 companies since 2002. He has also served on various boards and commissions. He was appointed by Governor Ducey to the Arizona State Information Technology Authorization Committee, which reviews some of the state’s largest IT projects.
Eddie is married to Jenny, his high school sweetheart. They have five children and three grandchildren. In his free time, he enjoys scuba diving, is a certified glider pilot, volunteers for several charitable organizations, and enjoys exploring Arizona in his jeep.
Recently, Eddie Cook was appointed unanimously by the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors as the County Assessor. Eddie is honored and humbled to be selected from a pool of eleven applicants based on his 30+ years as a professional business leader in the global high-tech industry and his 9+ years serving on the Gilbert Town Council as a public servant.
On his first day as the County Assessor, it became clear to Eddie that the Assessor’s office was structurally and operationally a mess. Immediately, he identified a new Chief Deputy Assessor to be his business partner. Together they work to transform the organization into a high-performance team providing the highest quality of services while adopting best-in-class, private sector corporate business practices to improve operational efficiencies at the lowest cost to taxpayers. Eddie is committed in creating a “One Team” culture towards becoming the leader in the assessment industry.
To be a good leader, I believe one must have a servant’s heart, be a good listener and live a life of humility. I find some of my greatest joy in community service:
• St. Timothy Catholic Church Music, Marriage Preparation, Life Teen ministries
• Seton Catholic Preparatory Catholic High School – Executive Board
• Diocese of Phoenix Catholic Marriage Conference Committee
• Mesa Child Crisis Center Volunteer
• Aid to Women Center, 1st Way Pregnancy Center and Arizona Right to Life
• Homeless programs with Andre House and Paz de Cristo
• Support volunteer for international ministries such as Maryknolls, Project Share, St. Tim’s Foreign Mission and Town of Gilbert For Our City
• Youth baseball coach with Gilbert Parks and Recreation for 10 seasons
• Higley Center for the Performing Arts Building Bridge Program Ambassador